Avid S1: Massive mixing power for small spaces
Get the unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback, and software integration of Avid's high-end consoles in a slimline surface that's an easy fit for any space or budget. Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favorite audio and video software and, together with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad (iPad not included), provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows, and S6-style metering and processing views, so you can navigate large sessions quickly, mix more intuitively, and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
Mix big on a smaller scale
While Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface. From motorized faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
Get unmatched software integration
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid’s high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third-party software functions and controls. You can even switch between multiple applications—and workstations—at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
Gain extensive insight into your mix
S1 not only features high-res OLED displays, it integrates with the free Pro Tools | Control iPad app, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow. From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring (up to 9.1), metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Scale the surface to your needs
Need more faders? Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes. You can even connect Pro Tools | Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips for greater control.
Supported EUCON-enabled applications*
Avid Pro Tools
Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate
Avid Media Composer
Avid Media Composer | Ultimate
Avid Media Composer | Enterprise
Avid XMON EUCON
Apple Logic Pro
Digital Audio Denmark DADman
MOTU Digital Performer
Merging Technologies Pyramix
Trinnov Audio D-MON
* Please note that while these applications are EUCON-enabled, the extent of integration with Avid Pro Mixing control surfaces and supported software versions are at the sole direction of the respective manufacturer. For details, please contact the manufacturer.
Supported Mackie Control/HUI-enabled applications
S1 surface details**
- Faders: Eight motorized, touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw faders
- Knobs: Eight push-top, touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Additional controls: Assorted hardware buttons/keys for various functions and mode selections, including Mute, Solo, Record-enable, Bank, Nudge, and more
- Software interface: Supports the free Pro Tools | Control app running on iPad (iPad not included), providing touchscreen control, project navigation, macro triggers, and more
- Displays: Eight high-resolution OLED displays, plus multiple status LEDs and multicolor track buttons; channel metering, monitoring, processing, track status, automation modes, and other views provided by Pro Tools | Control on iPad
- Height: (front, rear) 1.2 inches, 3.8 inches (29 mm, 97 mm)
- Width: 12.3 inches (312 mm)
- Depth: 14.9 inches (377 mm)
- Scalability: Connect up to four S1 controllers together, plus Pro Tools | Dock, to create an extended, fully integrated surface
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.