DW Fearn VT-2 Dual Channel Tube Mic Preamp
A high quality dual channel tube mic pre
€4,140.00 incl. VAT contact_support
Not in stock
Shipping & VAT
format_quote VT-series microphone preamplifiers have long been the go-to weapon of choice as an ultra-high fidelity mic pre during tracking, but is is also an essential part of the entire workflow for many artists, engineers, producers, and other audio professionals. Any microphone and any sound will benefit from the improved clarity, definition, and lack of solid-state artifacts that D. W. Fearn products bring to your session.
Like the best tube equipment of the 1950s and ’60s, the VT preamp is built on a heavy-gauge aluminium chassis, utilizing point-to-point wiring. Each vacuum tube is selected for minimum noise and microphonics, and maximum sonic clarity. Four class-A triode amplifier sections (in two tubes) in each channel comprise the entire active circuit. This surprisingly simple circuit, along with top-quality components and careful design optimization, results in the sonic superiority that the VT preamp has become known for.
VT-2 preamp features an integrated, switchable 43 dB pad, enabling it to be patched into the Master Buss during mixdown and mastering to provide D.W. Fearn’s unique sonic signature to the final mix or mastering process.
The unit is in excellent working condition. PSU works on 230V, EU power cord included.
NB! We accept only bank transfer or Wise transfer for this deal. Please contact us before buying.
format_quote US parcels are shipped fully insured with DHLExpress and they usually arrive within 2-3 working days from pickup day zero.
EU parcels arrive within 4-6 working days and are shipped with DPD or ACE Logistics.
You are also most welcome to pick up your order from Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide! Contact us for a personal shipping quote or if you have any questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) is deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of EU. Non-EU buyer pays all and any import duty and tax as regulated by your local customs.
- All vacuum-tube design
- Lo-Z input position for superior performance with transformerless mics
- Phase (polarity) reverse switch
- +48 volt phantom power (completely disconnected when off)
- Custom-design Jensen input and output transformers
- 20 dB input pad (switchable)
- True VU meters (amplifier isolated)
- All point-to-point audio wiring
- Gold input and output XLR connectors
- Polypropylene and polystyrene coupling capacitors
- All audio switching through gold-contact, sealed precision relays
- International operation on 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- CE certified, RoHS-compliant-
- +4 dBm output
- Conservatively rated precision components and rugged construction for stability and long life