The 73JR is a true ´73 style mic preamp in a single 500 series slot with some added features that will cover all the recording needs for engineers and musicians that don´t find the need to track with eq.
€888.00 incl. VAT contact_support
add to cart
Shipping & VAT
format_quote Employing only discrete circuitry and conventional components, the 73JR is a faithful 3 stage all class A ´73 preamp. Styroflex and tantalum capacitors have been used throughout. No corners were cut.
A useful all discrete class A hi pass filter has been added, essential for recording everything with the exception of probably kick drum and and bass.
The Line mode allows for reamping of prerecorded tracks and it´s perfect for adding some class A color to lifeless recordings.
The smart switched DI (automatically switches from MIC to DI mode when inserting a MONO ¼” jack) is an all discrete class A JFET circuit ahead of the MIC transformer, so all the juice is there. Since its introduction in 2013, it has become a classic DI for bass.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage).This makes your 500 series enclosure´s power supply healthier and makes the 73JR independent of the rest of the slots.
format_quote US parcels are shipped fully insured with DHLExpress and they usually arrive within 2-3 working days from pickup day zero.
EU parcels arrive within 4-6 working days and are shipped with DPD or ACE Logistics.
You are also most welcome to pick up your order from Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide! Contact us for a personal shipping quote or if you have any questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) is deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of EU. Non-EU buyer pays all and any import duty and tax as regulated by your local customs.
• Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
• Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
• DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
• Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated).
• Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 ohms.
• THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
• Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
• Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
• Noise: Less than -100dBu.
• Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC.
Retrosonic Pro Audio focuses on selling high end pro audio equipment – from the best of vintage gear to the
new boutique equipment. We can provide complete studio projects, studio equipping projects or packages
including acoustic constructions, design and project management.
Looking for a good bundle deal? We are happy to help!