The new V4 gen2 3-Pattern FET mic is truly a “giant killer” ...easily winning favor over much-lauded mics in any listening comparison. As with ALL of the gen2 releases, the sonic performance has been given a significant improvement.
The new stainless steel body was given a size increase to allow for the larger, beefier, audiophile-grade components to fit onto the newly designed PCB.
Vanguard has upgraded a number of key signal-path components to audiophile-grade, and sourced them from USA makers in the process!
The component and circuit improvements have lowered the self-noise of the V4 gen 2 making it one of the quietest mics ever made.
Capsule and Electronics:
- Custom-voiced, edge-terminated 34mm dual-capsule assembly with 3µm gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragms
- 3 selectable polar patterns – Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Electronically-balanced solid-state circuitry loaded with premium-grade components
- Ultra-low-noise JFET design
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of critical signal & power path components
- VLSM Large Shockmount
- Padded Pinewood Microphone Storage Box
- Aluminum Carrying Case
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Capsule Size: 1.34″ / 34mm (dual-capsule)
- Diaphragm Size: 1.04″ / 26.4mm
- Capsule Diaphragms Thickness: 3µm
- Electronics Type: Solid-state, electronically-balanced output
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Max SPL: appx. 135dB (145dB w/ Pad)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20000Hz
- Equivalent Noise Level: <=14dBA (A-weighted)
- Sensitivity: TBA
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin, gold-plated
- High-Pass/Rolloff Switch: 120Hz (either/or with pad)
- Attenuation/Pad Switch: -10dB (either/or with rolloff)
- Finish: Polished nickel trim / High-gloss Pinot Noir
- Weight (microphone): 0.83 lbs / 0.38 kg
- Weight (in case): 5.63 lbs / 2.56 kg
- Dimensions (microphone): 7.25″ long, 1.8″ diameter / 184mm long, 46mm diameter
- Dimensions (case): 12″L x 11″W x 5.75″H / 305mmL x 280mmW x 146mmH
- Voltage Requirement: Phantom Power (+48V ideal)
US and EU parcels ship via UPS, ETA 1-7 working days from pickup day zero. That also applies to most
All shipments are fully insured.
Bigger shipments requiring pallets or custom made crates ship to US, CA, JP, CN, AU and other outside of EU locations via DHL Air Freight, ETA is normally approx. 7-14 working days from pickup day zero.
Big shipments inside EU ship via different freight companies, recently mostly via ACE Logistics. Freight forwarders can use different courier companies for deliveries to final destinations.
Palletising and crating time can vary depending on the size of the shipment and packaging queue. We pack all our shipments with great care.
You are most welcome to pick your order up yourself from our Retrosonic Pro Audio showroom, studio and warehouse in Tallinn, Estonia.
We ship worldwide – contact us for a personal shipping quote or any other questions.
VAT (Value Added Tax) can be deducted if you have a company with a valid EU VAT number or if you're based outside of the EU. Non-EU buyers pay all and any import tax and duty as regulated by their local customs.